Comments are an excellent way to participate in the online community surrounding any blog or website. Many pages on this site include a form for submitting user comments, allowing you to express your views about something or suggest improvements. In order to take full advantage of all of the features of Nookkin.com's comment form, and to keep the site enjoyable for others, please read the rules and tips on this page.
- Do not post comments that annoy or harass others, or that are intended to start or continue a flame war.
- Do not spam. I do not want cheap "V\1\a.g//r'A" or free $50 gift certificates. Don't post excessive amounts of links, do not advertise your products, and do not post pointless comments like "haha first comment" or "fgkfdjgkfdgjfdkgfd".
- Don't post personal information, including your phone number or address. You may enter either your real name or a nickname in the Name field. To avoid spam on your behalf, do not post your e-mail address publicly (the email address entered into the Email field will not be displayed publicly.)
- Don't use 10-year-old IM speak. unless, of couarse, u r a 10 yr old, lol.
- DONT SHOUT IT IS ANNOYING AND POINTLESS AND WILL NOT BRING ANY ATTENTION TO YOUR COMMENT AT ALL IF YOUR WHOLE COMMENT IS TYPED IN ALL CAPS LIKE THIS. It's OK to use caps for EMPHASIS, however.
- Do not post inappropriate content, including, but not limited to, websites of an adult nature or websites that contain malware. Do not embed images of a pornographic or otherwise disturbing nature.
If you do not abide by these rules, your comment may be deleted. If you frequently violate these rules, you may be banned either temporarily or permanently on an email, IP, or ISP level.
Many BBCode tags are supported in comments. If you've posted in forums before, you may already be familiar with BBCode; if not, I have a nice BBCode tutorial that can help you learn quickly. BBCode allows you to change text formatting, add links, change colors, insert pictures, quote others, and more.
Quoting and Replying
You can quickly quote someone's entire comment by clicking the "Quote" link below each comment. This will generate the appropriate BBCode for you automatically.
If you would like to reply to someone, you can click the "Reply" link below someone's
comment to generate a clickable "reply to" link in the form
When someone else clicks on this link, they will know which comment you are replying
to. (Note that Nookkin.com does not support threaded comments at the moment, and there
are currently no plans to implement such a feature.)
Heuristic Spam Detection
Nookkin.com makes use of Akismet, a popular community-driven heuristic spam detection service. If your comment is flagged as spam by Akismet, it will be placed in the moderation queue and will not be posted immediately. Since computer algorithms are prone to error, your legitimate comment may be caught as spam; please do not worry, as I will personally review each posted comment and will approve all non-spam comments that are not in violation of the rules above.
Reporting Inappropriate Comments
Please do not engage in a flame war if you see a spammy, offensive, or inappropriate comment – use the "Flag / Report" button.
There is a 4KB limit for each comment. This translates to approximately 4,000 characters in the comment body, including BBCode formatting. If your comment is longer than this (which is unlikely, but possible), feel free to post two comments in a row.
Subscribing via e-mail
If you would like to be notified of every new comment on a given page, check the "Notify me of follow-up comments via e-mail" box when submitting a comment.
To unsubscribe, click the "Unsubscribe" link in an email, or go to the Subscription Options page.
Comments posted by administrators can be easily distinguished from comments posted by regular users. Thus, you can be sure that a comment with an administrator's name is, in fact, a genuine admin comment.
Automatic line breaks
Lines and paragraphs break automatically. Keep this in mind when inserting code or quotations.